The move order 1.d4 d5 2.e3 Nf6 3.Bd3 e6 4.Nd2 c5 5.c3 Bd6 is very annoying because it discourages the key move f2-f4. Instead, White should play a different opening. He can enter a reversed Meran Defense with 6.dxc5, or a Colle System with 6.Ngf3.
Matt talks a little bit about the dangers of the Colle position that arises and suggests that White try the rare 8.h3!?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades