In these two videos, Matt discusses 1.d4 d5 2.e3 Bf5, preventing White's Stonewall setup by beating White to the d3-h7 diagonal. The only way White can play for an advantage is to play 3.c4 with the goal of an early attack on b7. Some of these positions can also be reached via the Slav Defense.
He also covers the trap line 1.d4 d5 2.e3 Bf5 3.c4 e6 4.Qb3 Nc6! Taking the b7 pawn is a forced draw. Instead he recommends Yaacov Norowitz's 5.Bd2, resulting in a quiet game with a small White edge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades