This is a discussion of a trap in the Ruy Lopez, Steinitz Defense. This is an important trap to know, because it shows what happens if Black tries to hold the center in the Steinitz.
When Tarrasch beat Marco in 1892, it signaled the beginning of the end for the Old Steinitz Defense. Today the Neo-Steinitz, 3...a6 4. Ba4 d6, is much more popular because it avoids the trap in this video.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades