Math skills and strategic planning are essential to winning this ancient African game.
You Will Need
* A mancala game board
* Two players
* 48 game pieces – or, "stones"
Step 1: Set up
Place the mancala board lengthwise between two players and put four stones in each of the 12 small cups on the game board.
The six smaller cups are playing cups. The larger cup at either end is the mancala.
Step 2: Pick up stones
Pick up the stones in any of your six playing cups.
Step 3: Position pieces
Drop your stones one by one into sequential playing cups, moving counterclockwise around the board. Include your mancala, but not your opponent's mancala.
Step 4: Alternate moving stones
Take turns moving stones around the board. If your last stone falls into your mancala, you get another turn.
Step 5: Capture stones
If your last stone falls in an empty cup on your side, take all the pieces from the player's cup directly opposite.
Hoard all the stones you can on your side of the board.
Step 6: Pass out all of your stones
Whoever runs out of stones on their side of the board loses the game. The player with remaining stones puts them in their mancala.
Step 7: Count the stones
The player with the most stones in their mancala wins the game.
Fact: The word mancala means ''to move'' in Arabic.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades