Impress your friends! Learn the game of kings and queens.
Step 1: Set up the queens and kings
Step 2: Set up the rest of the board
Step 3: Learn the object of the game
Step 4: Learn the moves
If one of your pawns makes it to the other side of the board, you can exchange it for any other piece.
Step 5: Play a game
The player who controls the center of the board has a strong advantage.
Step 6: Capture pieces
Step 7: Capture en passant
Try to capture your opponent's most valuable pieces: the queen, castles, knights, and bishops.
Step 8: Learn to castle
Step 9: Win
Fact: The number of possible variations in a chess game has been calculated at 10 to the power of 120 – more than the number of electrons in the universe.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades