This video explains the rules on how to play backgammon, with World Series of Poker star and backgammon enthusiast Gus Hansen. First, he describes the board and how it is divided into four sections with six points in each, for a total of 24 points. Each player has 15 checkers and two dice. The checkers move in opposite directions, causing a lot of interaction between the two players while allowing for strategy and luck. You move all your checkers to your home board first, then take them off the board entirely. The first player to remove all their pieces from the board wins. You move the checkers according to the dice, either individually or in summation. Doubles allow for twice as many moves. Beware of your opponent landing on one of your checkers alone on a point, as it will have to start completely over. Do try to spread to as many points with at least two pieces, and cause as much damage to your opponent by landing on his unprotected points.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades